Friday, January 3, 2014

The YouTube Fox: Top Video of 2013

One of the interesting things about being a grandma is watching new trends come and go.

Our grandkids live in a much different world than we did. They don't have three channels on TV that shut down at midnight.

Instead, our grandkids enjoy hundreds of channels on cable or dish, thousands of videos on Netflix and download and endless websites filled with content of every type.

One of the websites enjoyed by people of all ages is YouTube, which came on the scene in 2005.

Who could have known that a website filled with millions of people's videos could become one of the most visited websites on the internet?

My 5-year-old grandson knows more about YouTube than I do. That's not surprising to me and probably not surprising to others who are over 50.

On his most recent visit to our house, my grandson wanted to show me and my husband his favorite YouTube video, "The Fox (What Does the Fox Say?)"

In case you wonder what the fox says, click the link above and see if you think the YouTube artist Ylvis got it right. My grandson and his sister think this is the best video of all time.

My grandkids aren't the only ones who love this video. The video filled with nonsensical words of what the fox says is the top trending video of 2013 on YouTube with nearly 319 million views.

The Fox video on YouTube has more views than the next three videos combined. From toddlers to teens to young adults, everyone loves the walking, talking, rocking fox.

Times sure have changed since I was a kid. I can't imagine 319 million people looking at a single movie or television show when I was growing up.

It's great to learn new things. Life today is an endless adventure filled with many new inventions we couldn't have imagined when I was a kid including YouTube.

Until the next time, I'll take what I can get when I can get it and do the best I can to face each day with a smile on my face, a prayer on my lips and a song in my heart. For now, it may be "The Fox" playing on an endless repeat.

Blogging Grandma Sandy, signing off for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment