Saturday, June 25, 2016

If Every Day Was Saturday


If every day was Saturday
I don't know what I'd do


Start each day with a grateful prayer
God's mercies start anew


Get up at daybreak to see the sun
Brew coffee at the crack of dawn


Take hikes to all the mountain tops
And hang out with family on the lawn


Volunteer with my favorite charities
Worship God and help others each day


Eat lunch every week with the grandkids at school
And stay to watch them learn and play


Road trips to visit family and friends
Scattered far and near


Seeing new, exciting places
My heart filled with joy and cheer


Sunrise along the Skyline Drive
Stopping to see the view


Drives on the Blue Ridge Parkway
Every day brings something new


I love the mountains 
But the beach is awesome too


Sunrise to sunset, sand between my toes
Hand-in-hand with you know who


Wherever I'd go and whatever I'd do
Kenny would be at my side


Maybe even on the trails
Looking for bears that hide


But for now I have to work each day
Selling stamps to those I greet


But when every day is Saturday
Retirement will be so sweet!









Blogging Grandma Sandy, signing off for now
Dreaming retirement dreams, when everything will be like WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment