Saturday, February 15, 2014

A Time to Heal

I'm often guilty of thinking I'm in charge of my own life. Many others think the same thing from time to time.

It's funny how God sometimes has a way of showing me that I'm not really in charge.

Since I hurt my back last summer, I've struggled with being unable to do all of the things I want to do.

I've not faced many physical limitations during my life. So to go from being able to do pretty much anything I wanted to being unable to even lift a gallon of milk has been challenging.

No twisting, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, pulling, climbing. That's a lot of nos.

Just when it seemed that I was moving along pretty well on the path to healing, I slipped on black ice in the parking lot at work this week and chipped my right elbow bone.

So, it's back to square one in the healing process. A lot of things are more difficult to do when the use of your dominant arm is very limited.

From typing and lifting to cooking and bathing, many things in life are easier with the use of two hands. I expect to face new challenges as I grow and heal during this time of physical challenges. Today, this verse speaks to me.

From Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8 KJV

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

This is my season of healing and building up, of growth and challenge, of casting away fears and embracing hope, of asking for help and accepting limitations.

As in every season of my life, this is also a season of knowing that God is with me always and that God is always good.

As I face new challenges, I will lean on God for strength, courage, patience and perseverance. I know He will answer in His time and in His way. And that's enough.

There are no mistakes in life. I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be right now, even though I may not understand the reasons why.

Until the next time, I'll take what I can get when I can get it and do the best I can to face each day with a smile on my face, a prayer on my lips and a song in my heart.

Blogging Grandma Sandy, signing off for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment